How to Apply for a Job with the Town of Fort Gibson or Fort Gibson Utilities
Disclaimer: Applications and/or resumes are accepted only for open and posted positions.
To submit in person: Print out application (PDF) and return to 200 W Poplar Fort Gibson, OK 74434
To submit online: Fill out application form online, save and email to the Town of Fort Gibson.
Processes cemetery transactions; receives payments and issues receipts; receives burial requests; completes burial reports and forwards to cemetery sexton; maintains cemetery records; communicate with monument companies and funeral homes. Other duties as assigned. Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
CLERK OF THE COURT:
Duties And Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of the Town Administrator and/or Municipal Judge, the duties and responsibilities of the Court Clerk include the following:
- Assist the Municipal Judge in recording the proceedings of the Court and in preparing writs, warrants, and other legal and governmental documents.
- Administer oaths required in proceedings before the Court.
- Enter all pleadings, processes, and proceedings in the docket of the Court.
- Perform such other clerical duties in relation to the proceedings of the Court as the municipal judge shall direct.
- Receive and give receipt for and disburse or deliver to the Town Treasurer all fines, forfeitures, fees, deposits, and sums of money properly payable to the Municipal Court.
- Supportive clerical tasks of various types when court is not in session.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May require lifting of objects up to 50 pounds.
Bond: The Clerk of the Court shall give bond, in the form provided by 11 Oklahoma Statutes section 27-111 and any amendments thereto.
Compensation: $15.00-$22.00 per hour DOE
Skill in organizing and recording information accurately
Skill in communicating with judges, attorneys, defendants, and general public with tact and diplomacy
Ability to review information for accuracy
Ability to remain calm and perform tasks during busy courtroom sessions
Ability to operate a personal computer
Ability to maintain confidentiality and assume responsibility for information obtained
Ability to work with individuals from a wide variety of socioeconomic backgrounds
THE TOWN OF FORT GIBSON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: UTILITIES AUTHORITY LABORER
Typical Duties and Responsibilities: Conducts all duties under the direct supervision of the Utilities Authority Foreman and/or Leadman; duties include but are not limited to: operation of light equipment and perform a variety of manual tasks; assist in construction and maintenance of streets, sewer lines and water lines; loads and unloads trucks; performs maintenance, cleaning, and repair of buildings; maintains and cleans municipal grounds; rotates with sanitation crew as necessary and assigned; responds to after-hours emergency calls; other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
Experience: Good driving record (must have valid DL) and work history.
Knowledge: Use of hand tools.
Skill: Operation of a Town-owned vehicle is required; perform manual labor under close supervision, which may include close supervision, which may include lifting of up to 80 pounds.
Ability: Able to work independently; able to handle pressure situations; able and willing to work in all weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
Preference: Experience in light equipment operation and repair.
Pay Range: $13.50/hr-$21.84/hr based on qualifications and experience.
MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUG TEST.
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1